Open a Studio
Opening a Paint Your Own Pottery Studio?
Your dream is about to become reality… but are you really ready? As a leading supplier to the ceramic industry for over 60 years, Gare Inc. has assisted hundreds of studios to open and become successful since the contemporary ceramic studio concept (PYOP) emerged. We would love to help you too!
No matter what size your studio, our knowledgeable team is here to help you with:
- Customizing Your First Order - to fit your studio’s demographics and your budget.
- Choosing the all-important Initial Supplies – What is the best-selling bisque, colors, brushes, kilns and other studio supplies that will get you up and running quickly?
In addition, we offer a comprehensive FREE 2-day small group training several times a year. You will have the undivided attention and industry knowledge of our Resident Artist and former PYOP Studio owner Mary Ann O’Hearn, VP of Sales Susan Rogers and Director of Marketing Bonnie Silveria.
Our intensive 2-day training is hosted at our comfortable headquarters in Haverhill, MA and has been carefully designed and constantly updated to provide you with all the information you will need to successfully launch your studio.
You will learn the following:
- Technical skills, general business tactics and life lessons gleaned from our highest performing studios
- Hands-on product training on the use of glazes, kilns, dipping, silkscreens and more
- Pottery and Specialty Glazing techniques
- Easily taught project ideas that customers will love
- How to efficiently/effectively use and maintain a kiln
- Inventory basics and management
- Pricing strategies and positioning for profit
- Marketing ideas to build your business
- Plenty of time to ask questions
- and much more!
And… it doesn’t end after you go home… We offer ongoing support - before, during and after you open. We want to help you every step of the way, because when you SUCCEED we SUCCEED!
The training atmosphere is relaxed and open, and we invite you to bring your energy, questions and concerns.
To sign up or find out more – contact Susan Rogers, VP of Sales, 888-289-4273 x 247.
"My partner Joan and I recently attended Gare's two-day New Studio Training Workshop instructed primarily by Gare Artist Mary Ann O'Hearn. Joan and I have been in awe by the entire experience since we left! I can't remember the last time we’ve learned that much in a two-day time period!! Your staff is exceptional, your warehouse immaculate and incredibly efficient...we just can't tell you how impressed we were and we look forward to attending another! If you decide to run more frequent workshops, we will be there and we will certainly spread the word!
On a last note, Mary Ann is a gem...she's simply an incredible instructor! Looking forward to seeing you all again and learning some more incredible things! Thank you again!"
Jen and Joan
Castle Lane, North Kingstown, RI
“Absolutely wonderful company. Just went for new studio training with them and could not have had a better experience. A truly dedicated, caring and professional team.”
Serena Bates Sculpture, Westerly, RI
"I was fortunate enough to purchase a studio in 2016 and within 30 days attend Gare's studio training. I was able to learn the entire process of bisque, paints, glazes and techniques. I met other professionals from around the country and the world. These relationships are still strong today and I would recommend and encourage any aspiring studio owner or new owner to attend. The Gare produces and staff became an extension of my business and a group I can rely on."
PYOP Studio, Inc., Northborough, MA